    SubjectRe: status: establishing a PGP web of trust
    On 10/05/2011 05:57 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > On Wed, 5 Oct 2011, Adrian Bunk wrote:

    >> Or if I have to bother Linus to meet me and sign my key the next
    >> time he is here in Helsinki.
    > And how would that change the fact that your personal trust value in
    > this community is exactly ZERO?
    > As your idea of trust seems to be based on an ID card you better find
    > some other place with people who are stupid enough to believe that
    > technical measures can replace deep personal trust.

    Aren't you sort of conflating personal trust with a web-of-trust?

    A web-of-trust exists simply to associate a person with a key. It *is*
    a technical measure. If Linus is willing to assert that Adrian's key
    matches up with Adrian-as-individual, and you trust Linus, then you
    should accept Adrian's key as valid regardless of whether or not you
    personally trust him.

    Chris Friesen
    Software Developer

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-10-06 02:21    [W:0.023 / U:0.508 seconds]