    SubjectRe: kernel.org status: establishing a PGP web of trust
    On 10/05/2011 04:57 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > I really do not care about your ID card, because it's a fact that
    > people got keys signed by showing fake IDs.

    Right, but who cares about "fake" or "real" anyway?

    The point is that a given patch submitter builds up a reputation over
    time. Someone pretending to be that submitter is essentially riding on
    someone else's reputation. A web of trust and gpg signatures help
    prevent this.

    But having a reputation doesn't mean all your patches are good, or that
    you won't suddenly turn mad or evil. But that's not something that a
    gpg signature can help with; it can only be dealt with a human
    understanding of how other humans behave (and code review).

      Last update: 2011-10-06 02:09    [W:0.019 / U:59.536 seconds]