    SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
    On 10/31/2011 03:49 PM, Ted Ts'o wrote:
    > On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 03:44:25PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
    >> So nobody is worried about this (quoting from my earlier message)?
    >>
    >> On the other hand, the consumers of "Linus kernel" may want to say that
    >> they trust your tree and your tags because they can verify them with your
    >> GPG signature, but also they can independently verify the lieutenants'
    >> trees you pulled from are genuine.
    >>
    >> A signed emphemeral tag is usable as means to verify authenticity in a
    >> hop-by-hop fashion, but that does not leave a permanent trail that can be
    >> used for auditing.
    >
    > Oh, there are definitely people who worry about this. They tend to be
    > security poeple, though, so the goal is how do we leave the permanent
    > trail in a way that doesn't generate too much noise or otherwise makes
    > life difficult for developers who don't care.

    Could we introduce a tag namespace that doesn't show up in gitweb by
    default, and perhaps doesn't resolve in abbreviated form?

    This is basically what Linus suggested, as far as I understand:
    something like refs/pulls/hpa/tip-123-456 which is otherwise a normal
    tag object?

    -hpa

      Last update: 2011-10-31 23:55    [W:0.022 / U:0.852 seconds]