    SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
    Date
    Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> writes:

    > But seriously, I don't care about the *implementation* all that much.
    > If people want to use the crazy git "notes" capability, you can do
    > that too, although quite frankly, I don't see the point.

    As I already said, I do not think notes is a good match as a tool to do
    this.

    > matters is that "git push" and "git pull" would JustWork(tm), and
    > check the signature if one exists, without having to cut-and-paste
    > data that simply shouldn't be visible to the user.
    >
    > I abhor the interface Ingo suggested, for example....

    Some cut-and-paste (or piping the e-mail to a command) would be necessary
    evil, though, as you would have GPG keys from more than one trusted person
    in your keyring, and when you are responding to a pull-request from person
    A, finding a valid commit signed by person B should not be a success, but
    at least should raise a warning.

      Last update: 2011-10-31 23:53    [W:3.911 / U:0.084 seconds]