    SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
    On 10/29/2011 03:13 PM, wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:22:35 EDT, Jeff Garzik said:
    >> For this reason, I am tempted to modify my new, GPG-signed pull request
    >> template as follows, for subsequent pull requests:
    >> ---<begin GPG signed text>---
    >> pull req description
    >> "Please pull from $branch\n$url $branch"
    >> "Top of tree is $sha1_commit"
    >> ---<end GPG signed text>---
    >> diffstat
    >> diff
    > Note that this can be problematic as well - there's probably a lot of tools out there
    > that will be less than gracious when presented with a GPG-signed text with non-signed
    > trailing text. Maybe GPG-sign from "pull request" to "diffstat" and make the diff an
    > attachment? (That would also allow attaching a gzip'ed diff, which would save vger's
    > bandwidth :)

    I'm not sure I buy that. A GPG-signed email, something that's been
    around for more than decade, transits the system with unsigned email
    headers. GPG content is commonly delivered buried inside a larger

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-10-29 21:29    [W:0.022 / U:0.384 seconds]