SubjectRe: [git patches] libata updates, GPG signed (but see admin notes)
On 10/29/2011 03:13 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:22:35 EDT, Jeff Garzik said:
>
>> For this reason, I am tempted to modify my new, GPG-signed pull request
>> template as follows, for subsequent pull requests:
>>
>> ---<begin GPG signed text>---
>>
>> pull req description
>>
>> "Please pull from $branch\n$url $branch"
>>
>> "Top of tree is $sha1_commit"
>>
>> ---<end GPG signed text>---
>>
>> diffstat
>> diff
>
> Note that this can be problematic as well - there's probably a lot of tools out there
> that will be less than gracious when presented with a GPG-signed text with non-signed
> trailing text. Maybe GPG-sign from "pull request" to "diffstat" and make the diff an
> attachment? (That would also allow attaching a gzip'ed diff, which would save vger's
> bandwidth :)

I'm not sure I buy that. A GPG-signed email, something that's been
around for more than decade, transits the system with unsigned email
headers. GPG content is commonly delivered buried inside a larger
container.

Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans