SubjectRe: Not really merged? Re: [merged] x86-paravirt-pte-updates-in-kunmap_atomic-need-to-be-synchronous-regardless-of-lazy_mmu-mode.patch removed from -mm tree
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:24:50 -0400
Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@oracle.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:51:48PM -0700, akpm@google.com wrote:
> >
> > The patch titled
> > Subject: x86/paravirt: PTE updates in k(un)map_atomic need to be synchronous, regardless of lazy_mmu mode
> > has been removed from the -mm tree. Its filename was
> > x86-paravirt-pte-updates-in-kunmap_atomic-need-to-be-synchronous-regardless-of-lazy_mmu-mode.patch
> >
> > This patch was dropped because it was merged into mainline or a subsystem tree
>
> Hey Andrew,
>
> I am actually not seeing this in mainline? Was it accidently dropped out of your tree?

hm, well spotted. I'm not sure what happened here - possibly the patch
was merged into an x86 tree (and hence linux-next) but later got lost.
Or possibly not, and I just screwed up.

Either way, it's a pretty important patch - we marked it for -stable
backporting.

> If that is the case I can convience you to put it back in or can I drive it to Linus with
> your Ack-ed by?

I resurrected my copy and shall send it along to the x86 guys soon.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans