    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] 9p changes fro merge window
    On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Pekka Enberg <> wrote:
    > I don't know if mine is the preferred workflow but what I usually do is:
    >  1. Send a pull request to Linus in a separate throw-away branch
    >      that's an exact copy of my "next" branch.
    >  2. Wait until -rc1 is out and git reset my "next" branch to that.
    >  3. Apply patches on top of the "next" branch. I never rebase or
    >      do merges from Linus tree to the branch.
    >  4. Once the merge window opens, goto 1.
    > [ Actually, I sometimes have multiple "next" topic branches if there's a risk
    >  that I need to back out some of the changes from linux-next in the middle
    >   of the merge cycle. ]

    And oh, I usually set up a local 'testing' branch when the merge
    window opens merge latest release and my 'next' branch to it. It's
    mostly a sanity check before I send a pull request to Linus to check
    that everything still works. I never publish this branch nor make it
    part of the pull request to Linus.

      Last update: 2011-10-26 15:07    [W:0.034 / U:2.908 seconds]