SubjectRe: Procedural requirements for restoring kernel.org accounts
Ted Ts'o wrote:

> If you're not going to be able to make the key signing on Tuesday,
> please don't bother to send your key to
> prague-key-submission@googlegroups.com, since that won't do much good.

There's only one flight per day from Bristol to Prague and that gets in
too late sorry. There would be no issue with Tuesday evening. I could
re-book for Monday and pay an extra night in the hotel, but I'd rather
not do that unless absolutely necessary.

> This will print out your keys multiple times on a piece of paper, so
> you can cut them into paper strips. There will be many kernel
> developers staying the whole week. You can ask them to sign your key,
> and then hand them one of the strips of paper. You will need to
> convince them of your identity; this can be done with government
> issued ID, although some kernel developers may not be comfortable
> doing this since they might not know what a Welsh identity card or UK
> passport might look like.

Point taken, though UK like all other European Union passports are
standardized and look the same across the EU.

> So some kernel developers may only sign a
> key if they know you personally.

Wouldn't I still have this problem if I turned up to the KS key
signing session?

Regards

Phillip

  Last update: 2011-10-20 23:27    [W:0.047 / U:0.032 seconds]