    SubjectRe: status: establishing a PGP web of trust
    On 10/02/2011 06:18 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
    > "H. Peter Anvin" <> writes:
    >> 5. Get as many other kernel developers that you have physical access to
    >> to sign your key after verifying the fingerprint. Verifying keys
    >> over the phone is OK if and only if you know them *extremely* well;
    >> think "would I be willing to testify in court that the person I
    >> talked to was X"?
    > There is already an extensive Debian web of trust, and along with
    > it a keysigning coordination effort and even a long list of
    > Debian developers who offer to sign keys, with their physical
    > locations and email addresses:
    > I wonder whether either effort would benefit from joining forces?
    > I am also sure that there is overlap between Debian developers
    > and kernel developers.

    There almost certainly is, and keep in mind that there isn't really "a
    Debian web of trust" and "a kernel web of trust"... there is a "PGP web
    of trust" as long as people upload their signatures to the shared
    keyserver system.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-10-03 03:51    [W:0.034 / U:32.236 seconds]