SubjectRe: kernel.org status: establishing a PGP web of trust
Date
"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com> writes:

> 5. Get as many other kernel developers that you have physical access to
> to sign your key after verifying the fingerprint. Verifying keys
> over the phone is OK if and only if you know them *extremely* well;
> think "would I be willing to testify in court that the person I
> talked to was X"?

There is already an extensive Debian web of trust, and along with
it a keysigning coordination effort and even a long list of
Debian developers who offer to sign keys, with their physical
locations and email addresses:
http://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning/Offers

I wonder whether either effort would benefit from joining forces?
I am also sure that there is overlap between Debian developers
and kernel developers.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org

  Last update: 2011-10-03 03:35    [W:0.390 / U:1.328 seconds]