    SubjectRe: kernel.org status: establishing a PGP web of trust
    On 10/02/2011 11:14 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    >> You probably know enough people (including myself) that would be willing
    >> to sign your key over the phone. That's part of giving yourself
    >> sufficient time.
    >
    > Well, then I propose that people create two new key pairs instead of
    > just one and take both of them to the KS for signing. Afterwards, one
    > of them will be used for development and the other one's private key
    > will be kept in a safe place (without any online access), so it can be
    > used readily if the first pair is lost or compromised somehow.
    >
    > Perhaps the second pair should have a longer life time.

    Yes, this is actually a very good practice (the long-lived key should be
    a sign-only key, for what it's worth.) I didn't propose it because I
    thought it would be too much work.

    What do people think? It might be more important for people who are
    physically isolated.

    >>> What number of signatures on the key will be regarded as sufficient?

    FWIW, the stock PGP web of trust rules require 3 signatures.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2011-10-02 20:21    [W:0.020 / U:0.196 seconds]