SubjectRe: A Plumber’s Wish List for Linux
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Lennart Poettering
<mzxreary@0pointer.de> wrote:

> For our systemd usecase a cgroup.signal file would not be useful. This
> is because we actually kill all members of the service's cgroup plus the
> main process of the service, which is usually also in the service's
> cgroup but sometimes isn't (for example: when the user logs in, the
> whole /sbin/login process ends up in the user's session cgroup, and is
> removed from the original service cgroup). Since we want to avoid
> killing the main service process twice in the case where it isn't in the
> servce cgroup we'd hence prefer to have some fork throttling logic in
> place, so that we can kill members flexibly in accordance with these
> rules.

By fork-throttling, do you just mean "0 or unlimited", or would you
actually want some kind of rate-limited throttling? If the former,
than I agree with Frederick that his task counter should solve that
problem.

Paul

  Last update: 2011-10-20 01:13    [W:0.136 / U:1.552 seconds]