SubjectRe: Keyboard and mouse issues on MacBook Air (4,2)
On Wed, 19 Oct 2011, Nico Schottelius wrote:

> > [...]
> > I've attached the xev output of fn+{F1-F12}.
> >
> > F1-F4 are correct, though
> > F3 = Expose on MacOS X (**)
> > F4 = Dashboard (**)
> > F5: not mapped at all: Is KeyboardLightDecrease on MacOSX (*)
> > F6 is XF86AudioPrev incorrect: Should be KeyboardLightIncrease (*)
> > F7 is XF86AudioPlay incorrect: Should be XF86AudioPrev
> > F8 is XF86AudioNext incorrect: Should be XF86AudioPlay
> > F9 is XF86AudioMute incorrect: Should be XF86AudioNext
> > F10 is XF86AudioLowerVolume incorrect: Should be XF86AudioMute
> > F11 is XF86AudioRaiseVolume incorrect: Should be XF86AudioLowerVolume
> > F12 is XF86Eject incorrect: Should be XF86AudioRaiseVolume
> >
> > Thus F7-12 are shifted by one to left in reality and as the MacBook Air
>
> if I want to correct these bugs, which tree should I use as the base?
> And when I corrected those, to whom to submit?

Hi,

please use hid tree, for-next branch. The tree is located on kernel.org.

> I guess the general approach would be to branch out, if it's a mba4,2,
> then apply the following mapping, correct?

Yes, there are mapping tables in hid-apple.c already, so just introduce a
new one.

I am a bit surprised that they are needed though, the original report
stated that the the table is identical to the one that is already there
(apple_fn_keys[]).

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2011-10-19 17:07    [W:0.392 / U:0.116 seconds]