    SubjectRe: checkpatch WARNING: patch prefix 'b' exists, appears to be a -p0 patch
    On 10/19/11 11:26, Wolfram Sang wrote:
    >> Sorry, I missed one detail. This warning is firing on every patch including
    >> any I pull off mailing lists or produce with git format-patch
    > So, I assume you have a directory named 'b' in the kernel-root-dir?
    File, but good call. Thanks. All back to normal now.
    I'll have to be more creative with naming my random temporary diff files ;)
    (or remember to delete them afterwards).
    > The p1-detection is heuristic and can always be fooled, so I don't think
    > extending the logic will help. If too many users think it is annoying,
    > it may be better to remove it. I do think, however, that it might help
    > users sending in their first patches, so I'd prefer to keep it.
    > Experienced users have the option to use something like "--ignore
    > PATCH_PREFIX" in their .checkpatch.conf. I vote for improving the error
    > message but won't oppose a removal if that is what is wanted.

    Maybe something as simple as a comment in the checkpatch source
    to say that such a file / directory can cause false positives?

    Thanks again

      Last update: 2011-10-19 13:07    [W:0.024 / U:17.240 seconds]