SubjectRe: A Plumber’ s Wish List for Linux
On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 08:01:10PM +0400, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
> > Well, wouldn't it be better to pull that complexity to userspace?
> > After all, moving tasks from a cgroup to another is not a performance
> > critical operation so that probably doesn't need to be all handled by
> > the kernel.
> >
> > If one worries about concurrent clone/fork while moving tasks, then
> > freezing the cgroup and moving its tasks away from userspace could
> > be enough?
>
> Well, it's not that problem to make it task-by-task, still I think
> it's just a convenient shortcut :)

Frederic, don't get me wrong, but when I've tried cgroups and freezer for
first time (and I did it not by any script but by hands rather) it makes
me scream out that once I've moved a number of tasks to some freezer cgroup
now I need to move them back again. Of course there is a way to write some
script of whatever but I thought we had some echo -1 shortcut. Anyway,
I can live with it ;)

Cyrill

  Last update: 2011-10-14 18:11    [W:0.074 / U:5.540 seconds]