SubjectRe: [RFC/PULL 00/11] introduce export.h; reduce module.h usage
[Re: [RFC/PULL 00/11] introduce export.h; reduce module.h usage] On 13/10/2011 (Thu 12:37) Rusty Russell wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 01:16:07 -0400, Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@windriver.com> wrote:
> > I don't think there really is any rocket science or contentious stuff here.
> > It is a sensible cleanup that adds organization and speeds up compiles.
> > The RFC I'm hoping for is more about how/when we want to get this in tree.
>
> In future, when you're ripping into module.h, please CC the module
> maintainer. It's not just a courtesy, it helps everyone avoid redundant
> work.

Sorry about that. I think I'd created the original module.h patch in
the context of the thread that Ingo started, and it never crossed my
mind at the time to run get_maintainer.pl on module.h itself. And
that patch hasn't changed since. An oversight on my part. :(

> You may insert your own sarcastic comment about "rocket science" here.

Yeah, fair enough -- remembering to CC maintainers isn't rocket science.
I hope you'll accept that it was an honest oversight caused by
circumstance and that it wasn't an intentional exclusion.

> As to the patch: it's marginal improvement, but it's neater and I'm
> happy you're doing it.

Thanks -- I'm glad at least the end result is OK with you.

Paul.

> Thanks,
> Rusty.

  Last update: 2011-10-13 23:55    [W:0.105 / U:0.128 seconds]