SubjectRe: [Patch] Increase USBFS Bulk Transfer size
On 10/13/2011 10:12 AM, Markus Rechberger wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Chris Friesen

> Why on earth should things be done differently than with all other
> operating systems?

Linux does a lot of things differently than other operating systems. In
many cases it's because the other OS's do things wrong. One could just
as easily turn the question around and ask why on earth would your
hardware be different than all the other USB hardware?

>> If there is a bug in the kernel, why would we want a bandaid patch that just
>> happens to make it work rather than a true fix?
>
> In silicon? Are you going to tape out another one for it?

If there's a bug in the kernel, the true fix would be in the kernel.

> And about the particular device the boundaries are just around 7000
> bytes off and people are screaming about that? Sorry this is just like
> in kindergarden here.

Actually I think that you're the one throwing a tantrum and yelling that
it needs to be done your way or else. We generally don't change global
constants because one hardware device doesn't work.

Chris

--
Chris Friesen
Software Developer

  Last update: 2011-10-13 18:29    [W:0.094 / U:0.136 seconds]