SubjectRe: A Plumber’s Wish List for Linux

Useful email, thanks.

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 01:17:02 +0200
Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@vrfy.org> wrote:

> We___d like to share our current wish list of plumbing layer features we

gargh. gmail?

> * fork throttling mechanism as basic cgroup functionality that is
> available in all hierarchies independent of the controllers used:
> This is important to implement race-free killing of all members of a
> cgroup, so that cgroup member processes cannot fork faster then a cgroup
> supervisor process could kill them. This needs to be recursive, so that
> not only a cgroup but all its subgroups are covered as well.

Frederic Weisbecker's "cgroups: add a task counter subsystem" should
address this. Does it meet these requirments? Have you tested it?

> * Add a timerslack cgroup controller, to allow increasing the timer
> slack of user session cgroups when the machine is idle.

Kirill Shutemov has just posted "cgroups: introduce timer slack
controller". Again, is that sufficient? Have you reviewed and tested
it?

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans