    SubjectRe: Detecting if you are running in a container
    Lennart Poettering <> writes:

    > On Mon, 10.10.11 13:59, Eric W. Biederman ( wrote:

    >> My list of things that still have work left to do looks like:
    >> - cgroups. It is not safe to create a new hierarchies with groups
    >> that are in existing hierarchies. So cgroups don't work.
    > Well, for systemd they actually work quite fine since systemd will
    > always place its own cgroups below the cgroup it is started in. cgroups
    > hence make these things nicely stackable.
    > In fact, most folks involved in cgroups userspace have agreed to these
    > rules now:

    Wow. Are cgroups really that complicated to use? A list of rules
    a page long on what you have to do to make them useful and non-conflict.
    Something seems off. Perhaps we need a rule don't mount multiple
    controllers in the same hierarchy.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-10-11 08:57    [W:0.025 / U:121.320 seconds]