SubjectRe: 2.6.37: *ERROR* Attempting to mmap a purgeable buffer
From
On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 13:44:23 +0100, "Carlos R. Mafra" <crmafra2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there something else I can do to help? Is this something fixable in the
> kernel or was it an error with my hardware? Suddenly being kicked out of X is
> quite bad, so I hope this can be fixed :-)

It's a use after free bug in the ddx, presumably. I haven't worked out how
yet since all active buffers should be appropriately marked. So either
there is a race in marking the buffer, or we failed to handle an error
appropriately or there is a real use-after-free. The kernel is being
gracious enough to warn you why userspace just crashed.
-Chris

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans