SubjectRe: Sleeping function called from invalid context in 2.6.37 xhci_hcd
On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 06:59:59PM -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Greg KH <> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 06:22:03PM -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
> >> Just saw this on booting up on the latest Fedora Rawhide kernel
> >> based on 2.6.37. Looks like we were trying to do a runtime suspend
> >> on the xHCI USB controller and it disabled MSI-X while interrupts
> >> were disabled?
> >
> > Known issue, patches came in too late to make it for .37, hopefully will
> > show up in .38-rc and then get backported to .37.  They are on the
> > linux-usb mailing list if you need them now.
> Not sure if it's related to this issue or not, but I also noticed the
> USB 3.0 card wasn't detecting any connected devices until I disabled
> USB autosuspend on the controller through sysfs (which is enabled by
> default in that Fedora Rawhide kernel)..

There's a couple more patches to deal with some issues with
disconnecting a USB device (or safely removing a USB mass storage
device) when the bus is suspended. See the patches starting in this

Try applying the first five patches and let me know if you still see any
issues. The fourth patch has a known compile warning (it will get fixed
shortly) but you shouldn't run into that particular error path.

Sarah Sharp