    SubjectRe: Sleeping function called from invalid context in 2.6.37 xhci_hcd
    On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 06:59:59PM -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
    > On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de> wrote:
    > > On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 06:22:03PM -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:
    > >> Just saw this on booting up on the latest Fedora Rawhide kernel
    > >> based on 2.6.37. Looks like we were trying to do a runtime suspend
    > >> on the xHCI USB controller and it disabled MSI-X while interrupts
    > >> were disabled?
    > >
    > > Known issue, patches came in too late to make it for .37, hopefully will
    > > show up in .38-rc and then get backported to .37.  They are on the
    > > linux-usb mailing list if you need them now.
    >
    > Not sure if it's related to this issue or not, but I also noticed the
    > USB 3.0 card wasn't detecting any connected devices until I disabled
    > USB autosuspend on the controller through sysfs (which is enabled by
    > default in that Fedora Rawhide kernel)..

    There's a couple more patches to deal with some issues with
    disconnecting a USB device (or safely removing a USB mass storage
    device) when the bus is suspended. See the patches starting in this
    thread:

    http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=129421308020494&w=2

    Try applying the first five patches and let me know if you still see any
    issues. The fourth patch has a known compile warning (it will get fixed
    shortly) but you shouldn't run into that particular error path.

    Sarah Sharp