SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the usb tree with the omap tree
Date
Nishanth Menon <nm@ti.com> writes:

> Kevin Hilman had written, on 01/06/2011 12:15 PM, the following:
>> Koen Kooi <koen@dominion.thruhere.net> writes:
>>
>>> Op 6 jan 2011, om 16:43 heeft Brad Parker het volgende geschreven:

>>> You need this patch: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.omap/47807/
>>>
>>> I'm currently too lazy to split it up like Nishant wants as I don't
>>> see the point splitting for the sake of splitting.--
>>
>> IMO, it doesn't need to be split up.
>>
>> But it does have to fix the other comments I made on the same thread[1]
>>
>> 1) add a descriptive changelog, and
>> 2) Cc linux-arm-kernel
>
> Kevin,
> there are four things being done in the patch:
> a) fix GPIO number for EHCI power on
> b) fix GPIO number for DVI reset line
> c) switch on DVI
> d) switch on Camera
>
> I have split the first 2 up. I just splitting the (c) up when I
> noticed the code is confusing - I will reply in thread to the original
> patch.
>
> I apologize, but I disagree - as far as I see it, these are separate
> changes being done.

Sure, but there are all tiny and isolated. For me, what's missing is
just a changlog describing all the changes.

Feel free to break it up if you prefer, but IMO it would be mergable as
a single patch if there was a descriptive changelog actually mentioning
all the changes made (as you just did above.)

Kevin

  Last update: 2011-01-06 19:41    [W:0.051 / U:0.676 seconds]