SubjectRe: [RFC Patch] virtio: export model and type in /sys
(Adding Neil into Cc.)

于 2011年01月31日 12:05, Rusty Russell 写道:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 01:23:00 pm Amerigo Wang wrote:
>> Our kdump script needs /sys/block/X/device/{vendor, model, type},
>> but virtio devices don't have {model, type}, this patch adds them.
>> Actually, I don't know how to fill the model field, other block devices
>> seem read it from SCSI. Any comments?
>
> This seems deeply wrong. Can't you fix your script?

Well, we use (vendor, model, type) to identify a disk, and so far we only
see virtio devices don't have this. So, we hope virtio at least provides
some dummy files for us.

> Model might sanely map to the feature bits, but making the type the same
> as the PCI type is weird...

Yeah, that is why I mark the patch as RFC, I don't know which is the correct way
to fill these two values. Providing some dummy values is also fine for us.

Thanks.