    SubjectRe: flex_array related problems on selinux policy loading
    On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 08:57:29AM -0800, Dave Hansen wrote:

    > > > You have to check for and handle those allocation failures anyway.
    > >
    > > If we just return a pointer to the user that notifies that this was a
    > > zerro size allocation, we would not need to allocate anything (like
    > > kmalloc does), so we can't get allocation failures.
    > Could you point me to some of this code? I'm having a hard time seeing
    > how this is going to get used, and I don't see any use of
    > ZERO_SIZE_PTR/ZERO_OR_NULL_PTR() outside of the sl*b code.

    Perhaps I did not express it the right way, but
    I did not say that this is used somewhere outside the sl*b code.
    All I meant is that we return a pointer, like ZERO_SIZE_PTR
    that notifies us that we have not allocated anything if a user
    wants to access or to free data. This pointers are just for
    internal usage of course.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-01-31 09:03    [W:0.023 / U:0.552 seconds]