SubjectRe: flex_array related problems on selinux policy loading
On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 08:57:29AM -0800, Dave Hansen wrote:

> > > You have to check for and handle those allocation failures anyway.
> >
> > If we just return a pointer to the user that notifies that this was a
> > zerro size allocation, we would not need to allocate anything (like
> > kmalloc does), so we can't get allocation failures.
>
> Could you point me to some of this code? I'm having a hard time seeing
> how this is going to get used, and I don't see any use of
> ZERO_SIZE_PTR/ZERO_OR_NULL_PTR() outside of the sl*b code.

Perhaps I did not express it the right way, but
I did not say that this is used somewhere outside the sl*b code.
All I meant is that we return a pointer, like ZERO_SIZE_PTR
that notifies us that we have not allocated anything if a user
wants to access or to free data. This pointers are just for
internal usage of course.

Steffen