SubjectRe: 2.6.36/2.6.37: broken compatibility with userspace input-utils ?
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 09:42:44AM -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em 25-01-2011 03:31, Dmitry Torokhov escreveu:

> >> Note that this device DOES have "flat scancode space",
> >> and the kernel is now incorrectly signalling an error (-EINVAL)
> >> keycode on the remote control
> >>
> >> The code really is a valid button, it just doesn't have a default mapping
> >> set by the kernel (I can set a mapping for that code from userspace and it works).
> >>

> > OK, in this case let's ping Mauro - I think he done the adjustments to
> > IR keymap hanlding.
>
> I lost part of the thread, but a quick search via the Internet showed that you're using
> the input tools to work with a Remote Controller, right? Are you using a vanilla
> kernel, or are you using the media_build backports? There are some distros that are
> using those backports also like Fedora 14.
>
> In the latter case, I found the reason why the backports were not working and I fixed
> it a couple days ago:
> http://git.linuxtv.org/media_build.git?a=commit;h=b83dc3e49d90527d8e1016d09e06f4842a6a847a
>
> The issue is simple, and it is related on how the input.c used to handle EVIOSGKEYCODE.
> Basically, before allowing you to change a key, it used to call EVIOCGKEYCODE to check
> it that key exists. However, when you're creating a new association, the key didn't
> exist, and, to be strict with input rules, EVIOCGKEYCODE should return -EINVAL.

We should be able to handle the case where scancode is valid even though
it might be unmapped yet. This is regardless of what version of
EVIOCGKEYCODE we use, 1 or 2, and whether it is sparse keymap or not.

Is it possible to validate the scancode by driver?

--
Dmitry

  Last update: 2011-01-25 17:51    [W:0.126 / U:0.092 seconds]