SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Disk continually remounts and hardlocks the entire system if running on battery.
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 08:43:03AM -0600, Robert Hancock wrote:

> That doesn't look like the same thing - in their case it doesn't look
> like any SATA errors are occurring, just a remount (presumably
> triggered by some userspace software).

If you have laptop mode, you definitely want to disable it, and see if
that makes a difference. That being said, if userspace code is able
to trigger errors like that from the hardware, I'd say at first glance
the kernel should do a better job protecting itself from buggy
software, even if it is buggy software running as root....
- Ted

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans