SubjectRe: resume regression in 2.6.37
On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 13:40 +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> > > Can you stick a printk into the set_wake() function of that irq chip
> > > and print the irq and on arguments and the return value . Run that
> > > with both stock 2.6.37 and the patch reverted.
> >
> > pxa3xx_set_wake(31, 1) returns 0
> >
> > Same result with stock 2.6.37 and the patch reverted. Except that
> > without the patch reverted, the device doesn't power up again.
>
> Ok, can we agree that the patch has no functional impact on the
> set_wake function? And I don't see a reason why reverting that patch
> results in a working resume. That does not make sense at all. Which
> compiler version are you using ?

I agree that this is all very weird and as far as I understand the patch
it should have no functional impact. Unfortunately reverting the patch
does not result in a working resume, but at least it makes a difference
and at the moment it's the only trace I have.

My cross-compile tool-chain uses GCC 4.3.5.

Sven

  Last update: 2011-01-17 15:07    [W:0.487 / U:0.084 seconds]