SubjectRe: [git pull] drm intel only fixes
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied@linux.ie> wrote:

> I'm stuck at home with just my i5 laptop due to the office being shut due
> to the ongoing floods. But I've booted and ran this for a few hours and it
> seems to be better than the current tree. It contains a couple of patches
> to fix DMAR interaction issues I see on this laptop on top of Chris's
> pull.

Hmm. I'm not seeing the screensaver issue any more, but there's
something wrong with video. At least the TED ones (I'm not seeing it
on a youtube video i tried). See for example

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/david_gallo_shows_underwater_astonishments.html

and when there is fast movement in the video (like when the octopus is
spooked), I get these odd lines of noise.

In fact, while I noticed the lines in the video itself, it's actually
most repeatably noticeable in the buttons underneath while the video
is playing: make your mouse go back-and-forth between the "rate" and
"share" buttons, and they get corrupted (and it also corrupts the
progress bar).

It looks a bit like the noise you get with insufficient memory
bandwidth, but I doubt that's the case here. Perhaps just some
motion-comp problem?

Any ideas?

Linus

  Last update: 2011-01-12 20:25    [W:0.052 / U:0.968 seconds]