SubjectRe: [RFC] arm: Defer lookup of machine_type and vet of atags to setup.c
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 08:46:44AM -0700, Grant Likely wrote:
> Looks like I've hit a hiccup though. When I remove the first call to
> __lookup_machine_type, then it is only called after the MMU is turned
> on and the kernel is no longer able to output the list of configured
> machine ids when it doesn't recognize the value in r1 (tested with
> qemu versatile emulation). I'm still investigating, so I'll defer
> reposting the patch until I've got this issue solved.

It only does this when DEBUG_LL is enabled - at which point you have
printascii, printhex8, etc available (although there's no prototype
for them.)

You could use snprintf() to format a message and then use printascii()
(conditional on CONFIG_DEBUG_LL as the existing code does) as well as
printk("%s", buffer). That means if you have a debugger you can dump
the kernel ring buffer and see the message, or see it via the serial
port/debugging channel if DEBUG_LL is enabled.

  Last update: 2011-01-12 16:55    [W:0.044 / U:0.448 seconds]