    Subjectscsi_cmnd data_buffer checksum

    I am writing a checksum calculation of scsi_cmnd data buffer in the driver.

    I calculate the checksum of the scsi_cmd data buffer(request_buffer) in driver queuecommand.

    Now when the command is completed from the hardware and before driver sends it back to mid-layer, I calculate the checksum again of the same scsi_cmd data_buffer again.

    Sometimes the checksums don't match. I mean somehow looks like OS changed the scsi_cmd data_buffer(request_buffer) in the meantime when driver is working on the command.
    I print the address of the scsi_cmd data_buffer (virtual address) and its same and the contents of the buffer is also same during both the calculations.

    Can this happen?

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-09-09 05:45    [W:0.018 / U:1.472 seconds]