SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] ocfs2 fixes for 2.6.36.
Hi Linus,

On 09/08/2010 10:19 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Joel Becker<boel.becker@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Here are the ocfs2 fixes we have ready for pulling right now. I
>> have a bit of a procedural question, though. I've been busy, so Tao was
>> kind enough to take the fixes I already had and apply all the new fixes.
>> He coordinated testing them and getting them ready to go upstream.
>> That's why I have his git tree in the pull request below.
>> I wasn't sure how the signoffs work for this. He's got signoffs
>> on the stuff he put together, because it's coming through his tree. My
>> naive assumption is that this is the correct way to go.
>
> The sign-off chain should basically stretch from the author to the
> committer - so a good sign-off chain is one where the first sign-off
> matches the author of the commit, and the last sign-off matches the
> committer, and the ones in the middle are obviously the path it took
> from one to the other.
>
> However, Tao has *NOT* added sign-offs to the patches he's taken. I
> didn't look at all of them, but the first few commits are all authored
> (and signed off on - so far so good) by Mark Fasheh, but there is no
> sign-off for Tao. So the sign-off chain is clearly not complete.
sorry for the trouble. This is the first time for me to collect patches
for a mainline upstream.
So I have added my sign-off to all the patches whose author isn't me to
indicate that I am the committer. Hope it works. please pull
git://oss.oracle.com/git/tma/linux-2.6.git fixes

REgards,
Tao

  Last update: 2010-09-08 08:53    [W:0.041 / U:6.120 seconds]