    SubjectRe: [Scst-devel] Fwd: Re: linuxcon 2010...
    On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 02:50:47PM -0700, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
    > So as to the specifics about why git is really the only right SCM choice
    > for mainline target mode maintainership, it really all comes down to
    > workflow. Does your SCM allow other people to easily and without-pain
    > track your upstream subsystem tree changes and 'rebase' as necessary for
    > their patch series you make improvements..? If we are talking about
    > say, a single standalone driver being developed against mainline, then
    > sure using a SCM like CVS or SVN is perfectly acceptable when you push
    > to someone upstream like gregkh or akpm via email patch attachments.

    I actually use git to manage my quilt patch tree so that others can work
    with me. Don't confuse a scm with a patch management tool, they are two
    vastly different things and have no relation to each other here.

    And this sub-topic has NOTHING to do with the main issue here, so I
    don't know why you are arguing over it. Please take it elsewhere.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2010-09-06 23:19    [W:4.309 / U:0.404 seconds]