    SubjectRe: [BUG] object: is not initialized, yet kobject_put() is being called
    On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Heinz Diehl wrote:

    > > > Seconded. Works good. Thanks for your support Jiri.
    >
    > > Thirded! This fixes the warning here.
    >
    > Unfortunately, I have to take up this problem a second time.
    > I considered the issue fixed, and in fact it was using Jiris patch.
    >
    > However, the same problem came back while testing 2.6.36-rc4 and the
    > following -git's. /var/log/warn shows the same warning as mentioned in
    > the first mail in this thread:
    >
    > Sep 20 08:18:42 liesel apcupsd[5436]: apcupsd FATAL ERROR in linux-usb.c at line 609
    > Cannot find UPS device -- For a link to detailed USB trouble
    > shooting information, please see <http://www.apcupsd.com/support.html>.
    > Sep 20 08:18:42 liesel apcupsd[5436]: apcupsd error shutdown completed
    >
    > No additional oops this time, only the warning, and my UPS is no longer
    > working.
    >
    > Jiris patch obviously didn't made it into 2.6.36-rc4, and it doesn't
    > apply nay longer either.

    This seems like a completely different problem -- apcupsd is not finding
    the UPS, yes, but kernel doesn't WARN/BUG here, so it seems like similar
    symptoms, but very likely a different cause.

    Could you perhaps strace apcupsd to see what it is doing before it fails?

    --
    Jiri Kosina
    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.

      Last update: 2010-09-21 16:57    [W:0.024 / U:1.816 seconds]