From: linux-ide-owner@vger.kernel.org
[mailto:linux-ide-owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Alan Cox
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:59 PM
To: Joshua Hintze
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org; linux-ide@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: PATA IDE is slower in newer versions of kernel

> I'm dedicated to continue working on the problem, I just need to advice
from the linux community. I've tried different I/O schedulers such as noop
and anticipatory and I'm studying the ide-dma code but still lost to where
this is happening.

drivers/ide is pretty much obsolete - so what you are seeing is doubly
odd. Most stuff now is using the newer drivers/ata code which can support
SATA, NCQ etc unlike the old codebase.

One thing to check would be whether using the drivers/ata code shows the
same problem.

Alan