    SubjectRE: linux-next: manual merge of the input tree with the s5p tree
    Stephen Rothwell wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 09:43:34 +0900 Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com>
    wrote:

    > > I know that Dmitry's 'Input: samsung-keypad...patch' which includes
    > > plat/keypad.h has been merged Linus' tree in this merge window.
    > > And Joonyoung's another patch which is in my tree needs to update it,
    but my
    > > tree is don't having it against Linus' 2.6.35.
    > >
    > > So happened conflict...how can/should I handle this...
    > > Should I rebase my tree against Linus' latest?
    >
    > Either rebase (worst), or just merge Linus' tree (better) into yours or
    > (best) merge what Dmitry merged into Linus' tree. To do this last, you
    > need to merge commit d01d0756f75e7a5b4b43764ad45b83c4340f11d6 from Linus'
    > tree. Doing this brings in the minimum amount of extra stuff to your
    > tree, but allows you to sort out the conflict.

    Thanks for your kindly reply.

    I will merge Dmitry's merge commit that you inform to me in my tree.
    Then, conflict may be not happened tomorrow. :-)

    Cc'ed Russell...

    I wonder...as you know, my tree will going to upstream through Russell's
    tree...if his tree doesn't having it, is it no problem when he merges my
    tree?
    I mean, is it no problem that there are Dmitry's stuff which has been merged
    into Linus' in my tree when I'm sending 'pull request' to Russell?

    Thanks.

    Best regards,
    Kgene.
    --
    Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
    SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

      Last update: 2010-08-06 06:35    [W:5.052 / U:0.020 seconds]