    SubjectRe: NET_NS: unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo to become free (adding ipv6 address to interface)
    On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 12:57:59 -0700 (Eric W. Biederman) wrote:

    > What puzzles me is that on a slightly patched 2.6.32 (so sysfs works)
    > and I am doing very similar things (openvpn tunnels, ipv6 to the
    > network as a whole etc), and I am not seeing the infinite
    > unregister_netdevice: messages you are talking about.

    Hmmm, I think there are 2 possibilities:

    - You send me a patch against plain 2.6.32, so I can check my
    scenarios against that kernel

    - You could try yourself, its really just that few lines against a
    fresh booted system in a clean, easy to reproduce state

    (Only, if you think that would yield useful information, of course).

    > When a network device is removed most references to it are redirected
    > to the loopback device so a normal network device should not see the
    > worst of the problems. That is why lo showed up.
    > In that context I'm a bit surprised you managed trigger a problem on
    > veth1.

    Difference was, when that message showed up with veth1, lo in that
    namespace was down while testing. When lo was up it showed up on lo.

    Michael Leun

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-08-06 02:15    [W:0.038 / U:2.200 seconds]