    SubjectRe: [Scst-devel] Fwd: Re: linuxcon 2010...
    Nicholas A. Bellinger, on 08/25/2010 01:23 AM wrote:
    > As mentioned explictly earlier in this thread, my WIP code for the
    > kernel level subsystem backstore using STGT kernel<-> user CDB
    > passthrough logic in drivers/target/target_core_stgt.c is a item on
    > my TODO list, but I will repeat, is NOT being tagged as a mainline
    > .37 item.

    Hmm, I can't understand, if target_core_stgt.c is "NOT being tagged as a
    mainline .37 item", then the STGT ABI compatibility for being a drop in
    replacement for STGT isn't a requirement? Or am I missing something?

    > Tomo-san, mnc, and other storage folks have been briefed on the
    > remaining issues that would be involved to get a prototype
    > functioning with drivers/target/target_core_stgt.c, and rough idea of
    > what it would take in existing mainline drivers/scsi/scsi_tgt_*.c
    > code. With the current WIP code this will allow the userspace CDB ->
    > LUN passthrough to function transparently with all TCM SPC-4
    > compliant logic as a standalone struct se_subsystem_api
    > tcm_core_stgt.ko backstore.

    This is exactly what we are discussing.

    Thanks,
    Vlad

      Last update: 2010-08-26 22:13    [W:4.229 / U:0.140 seconds]