SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] iBFT features for v2.6.36
On 08/02/2010 06:08 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> Can you point me what 'standard ACPI mechanism' is? Like sticking the code in
> the drivers/acpi ? And then having a generic driver to handle the
> [i,a,s,m]BFT tables and maybe some subordinate ones for specific pieces where
> the generic can't handle it?

With the standard ACPI mechanism I meant RDSP -> {RSDT,XSDT} -> table.
If it was easily possible to add SSDTs to this table structure then
probably the best thing would have been to make them PnP devices.

>>> I need to grok those tables some more to figure out what they all do.
>>
>> More or less the same thing as iBFT, but for AoE, SRP, or in-memory disk.
>
> What is the tools state ? For iBFT, iscsi-initiator-utils scans
> the /sys/firmware directory to extract the relevant data and does its thing.
> Are there tools for AoE, SCSI RDMA Protocol (SRP), and in-memory disk?

I don't know about AoE and SRP (Michael Brown <mcb30@ipxe.org> would
know), but I have a tool which scans for mBFT directly out of /dev/mem,
which is of course kind of ugly. It's shipped with the Syslinux
distribution in the utils/ directory.

-hpa

  Last update: 2010-08-03 04:31    [W:0.048 / U:0.724 seconds]