SubjectRe: a Great Idea - include Kademlia networking protocol in kernel
From
On 2 August 2010 16:33, hp fk <fkhp101@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/8/2 Valeo de Vries <valeo@valeo.co.cc>:
>
>> And why exactly can't this be done in userspace? I assume that since
>> you mention IP that (perhaps incorrectly) this protocol uses TCP/UDP
>> on the lower layers...
>
> using userspace p2p network service and  library might be another way
> to consolidate the protocol.
> in kernel  or in userspace service/library, each will have its own
> advantage and disadvantage.  like qemu-kvm and qemu userspace.

Sorry, but no. You're suggesting adding a protocol to the kernel that
fits better in userspace without actually coming up with any reasons
why having it in-kernel would be better. Not to mention that adding
yet another protocol to the kernel means more vectors for possible
exploits.

Valeo