    SubjectRe: a Great Idea - include Kademlia networking protocol in kernel
    From
    On 2 August 2010 16:33, hp fk <fkhp101@gmail.com> wrote:
    > 2010/8/2 Valeo de Vries <valeo@valeo.co.cc>:
    >
    >> And why exactly can't this be done in userspace? I assume that since
    >> you mention IP that (perhaps incorrectly) this protocol uses TCP/UDP
    >> on the lower layers...
    >
    > using userspace p2p network service and  library might be another way
    > to consolidate the protocol.
    > in kernel  or in userspace service/library, each will have its own
    > advantage and disadvantage.  like qemu-kvm and qemu userspace.

    Sorry, but no. You're suggesting adding a protocol to the kernel that
    fits better in userspace without actually coming up with any reasons
    why having it in-kernel would be better. Not to mention that adding
    yet another protocol to the kernel means more vectors for possible
    exploits.

    Valeo