SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Notes from the Boston Linux Power Management Mini-summit - August 9th, 2010
Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 01:36:33AM -0400, Len Brown wrote:
>
>> A gap:
>>
>> On OMAP, bus control is independent of CPU frequency control,
>> so cpufreq and cpuidle don't quite fit the bill.
>>
>> Perhaps a "bus-idle" analogous to "cpu-idle" may be appropriate?
>
> FWIW this applies to a bunch of other embedded processors too - OMAP
> isn't particularly unique here, though it's one of the furthest along in
> terms of exploting this in mainline Linux.

This capability would benefit MSM as well. We're looking into a
soc-specific implementation using Pat Pannuto's "pseudo" platform bus
extensions (discussed here http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/8/10/389). After
we have something working, I would be curious to see if some common
functionality could be extracted into a more generic mechanism.

- Bryan

  Last update: 2010-08-17 03:11    [W:0.409 / U:0.888 seconds]