    SubjectRe: HDD not suspending properly / dead on resume
    Date
    On Saturday, July 10, 2010, Stephan Diestelhorst wrote:
    > Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > <snip>

    > > > Almighty google suggested to try "pci=nomsi", which seems to have
    > > > cured the issue for me for now. Is that plausible? I'll keep this
    > > > under observation.
    > >
    > > Hmm. How does your /proc/interrupts look like?
    >
    > This has been yet another red herring. After trying out the kernel
    > option three times with two different kernels, it failed yet again
    > with the same symptoms.

    I thought it would be like that.

    > I have attached /proc/interrupts for 2.6.35-rc4, once with pci=nomsi
    > and once without, but again, I do not think this makes a difference :-/
    >
    > > Also, do you have a link to this "Google suggestion"?
    >
    > It was some german forum, a guy with completely different HW, but the
    > same symptom. I thought trying out the option wouldn't hurt.
    >
    > Maybe it came for example from http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/12/20/3
    > originally.

    I have a box where this problem is kind of reproducible, but it happens _very_
    rarely. Also I can't reproduce it on demand running suspend-resume in a tight
    loop. Are you able to reproduce it more regurarly?

    Also, what kind of disk do you use?

    Rafael

      Last update: 2010-07-10 02:11    [W:0.024 / U:61.880 seconds]