    SubjectRe: periods and deadlines in SCHED_DEADLINE
    On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 15:38 +0200, Raistlin wrote:

    > Therefore, here it is my proposal:
    > - if the programmer specify both period and deadline, I act as above,
    > running the _only_necessary_ test in the kernel, assuming that
    > userspace performed some other kind of (correct!) admission test by
    > its own, or that it is cool with missing some deadlines... What do
    > you think?

    It would be good to provide room in the interface to improve upon this
    situation.

    One thing we could do, although this would make the proposed scheduler a
    wee bit more complex, is split between hard and soft realtime. Only
    accept P==rel_D for hard, and schedule the soft tasks in the hard slack
    or something like that.

    That way we can later extend the hard admission tests to accept more.

      Last update: 2010-07-09 16:33    [W:0.022 / U:0.460 seconds]