    SubjectRe: [rfc] new stat*fs-like syscall?
    On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 08:31:30AM +0900, J. R. Okajima wrote:
    > Recently the size of the pipe buffer becomes customizable, doesn't it?
    > For _PC_PIPE_BUF, fpathconf should issue fcntl(F_GETPIPE_SZ).

    That should work and is in line with my understanding of the current
    code for pathconf in glibc.

    > For negative dentry, it should be supported as long as some
    > standard/specification doesn't prohibit explicitly. So I still think
    > statfs is the best place to implement _PC_LINK_MAX.

    If we're going to be changing statfs (or adding a new system call)
    anyway, that does seem like a reasonable place to export this data
    along with whatever else gets added. With the various things that
    have been suggested, maybe we need something more like the stat
    replacement that has been getting discussed with the room for some
    larger optional fields and a way to request a specific set of fields.

    Brad Boyer
    flar@allandria.com

      Last update: 2010-07-06 02:49    [W:0.028 / U:0.304 seconds]