    Subjecte1000e crashes with 2.6.34.x and ThinkPad T60

    I have a new notebook, a Thinkpad T60, which is freezing in random
    intervals (like 30 minutes to two days) as long as I am using the
    on-board wired ethernet interface, which is an e1000e, [8086:109a]. As
    long as I keep using the WLAN, the system runs for weeks despite
    frequent suspend/resume cycles etc. The crashes seem really to be tied
    to using the wired ethernet. This is a hard freeze, with nothing
    happening on the system, only a long push on the power button helps.

    Additionally, sometimes, probably after suspend/resume, the wired
    ethernet does not come up properly again, ip addr claims "NO CARRIER"
    even if the LEDs on the interface and on the switch claim that there
    was a link. No packets are received by the interface when it's at this

    Both issues appear with 2.6.34 and I didn't try any of these
    issues with an older kernel, 2.6.34 was already out when I started
    using the T60.

    To rule out defective hardware, I have tried with a second T60, with
    the same results.

    Full dmesg and lspci-nn attached, please say if you need more.

    P.S.: Please Cc: me on replies, both linux-kernel and netdev are too
    big for me to timely follow. I am subscribed to both lists, but a Cc
    helps in getting a faster reply.

    Marc Haber | "I don't trust Computers. They | Mailadresse im Header
    Mannheim, Germany | lose things." Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 621 72739834
    Nordisch by Nature | How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-07-24 12:09    [W:0.019 / U:30.136 seconds]