SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] x86 NMI-safe INT3 and Page Fault
From
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Avi Kivity <avi@redhat.com> wrote:

> I think the concern here is about an NMI handler's code running in vmalloc
> space, or is it something else?

I think the concern was also potentially doing things like backtraces
etc that may need access to the module data structures (I think the
ELF headers end up all being in vmalloc space too, for example).

The whole debugging thing is also an issue. Now, I obviously am not a
big fan of remote debuggers, but everybody tells me I'm wrong. And
putting a breakpoint on NMI is certainly not insane if you are doing
debugging in the first place. So it's not necessarily always about the
page faults.

Linus

  Last update: 2010-07-16 20:33    [W:0.308 / U:0.428 seconds]