    SubjectRe: Closed source userspace graphics drivers with an open source kernel component
    Hi!

    > >There is no point supporting companies that give you a little bit of
    > >information in exchange they want the support that being in a mainline
    > >kernel gives. Its an unfair exchange of knowledge and time, and if they
    > >claim they have to make a profit then its even more unfair.
    >
    > also, they seem to do it quite wrong way. i.e. much simpler would be
    > to just implement regular, open driver , and implement additional
    > crypto
    > mechanism in chipset itself, allowing to use simple userspace program
    > sending certified keys allowing GPU to operate.

    What is going on there? Does msm actually use crypto to prevent you
    from use hardware you bought?

    Are the keys device-specific? What prevents me from
    reverse-engineering their binary and publishing them?
    Pavel

      Last update: 2010-07-15 00:47    [W:3.783 / U:0.080 seconds]