    SubjectRe: 4 -stable kernel review cycles starting
    On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:10:59 -0700 Greg KH wrote:

    > On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 11:55:02PM +0200, Florian Fainelli wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Le Thursday 1 July 2010 19:51:00, Greg KH a écrit :
    > > > First off, sorry for the long delay in the -stable kernel releases, they
    > > > got pushed to the back-burner for other things recently ("Hey look, is
    > > > that the sun finally here in the Pacific Northwest?")
    > > >
    > > > Please note that there are still a large number of patches that have
    > > > been submitted to the -stable trees for inclusion, that I have not
    > > > included yet. Do not worry, they are still in my queue, but due to the
    > > > large number of patches that I already have queued up, I figured it was
    > > > better to get what I have applied already out for a release and then
    > > > work on catching up after this.
    > > >
    > > > If anyone has any questions about this, please let me know.
    > >
    > > Looks like this cpmac patch was not included in this -stable series:
    > > http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg133317.html
    > >
    > > Can you queue it for future -stable releases or this one?
    >
    > {sigh}
    >
    > Did you see the second paragraph above as to why it isn't in this
    > release?

    I did. :)
    and I saw the third paragraph above.
    ["If anyone has any questions about this, please let me know."]

    > And yes, it will be in future ones.

    Unfortunately, I don't find it feasible to review several hundred patches
    in the next 3 days. I think that I understand how your stable & staging
    cycles (workloads) work, but I also think that it would help if you
    wouldn't batch all stable reviews together like this.

    ---
    ~Randy