SubjectRe: [RFC] para virt interface of perf to support kvm guest os statistics collection in guest os
On 06/10/2010 05:21 AM, Zhang, Yanmin wrote:

>> I see. So put it in a union. Or perhaps not even in a union - what if
>> a kvm guest is also acting as a kvm host?
>>
> My patch has consideration on it. I compiled kernel with host and guest support
> at the same time. The accessing to perf_event->shadow is really under specific
> scenarios, or they are just in specific functions. These functions are called
> just bu host kernel , or just by guest kernel.

But a kernel can be both guest and host at the same time. Currently
this only works on AMD, but there was some work to bring it to Intel as
well.

signature is too narrow to contain.

  Last update: 2010-06-10 05:09    [W:0.065 / U:0.536 seconds]