SubjectO_NONBLOCK with Ext3
From
Hi ALL,
I am currently using o_nonblock flag for writing a file of 64MB over a
flash device. Flash is formatted with ext3 filesystem with default
options.
When instrumented the driver code for collecting the erase/write count
at sector level. I noticed that o_nonblock has no effect on this
count. There is no difference in erase/write count with o_nonblock
flag or without this flag.
When selected Ext2 as filesystem I noticed a significant difference in
the erase/write count.
There were more updates with o_nonblock and test application was
faster. I could confirm this by checking the Dirty page limit in the
background. It was updating faster in case of Ext2 not incase of Ext3.

Can any one explain on o_nonblock flag in case of Ext3 filesystem?

Regards,
Sandeep.Yedire

T.Jefferson, 'Victory and defeat are each of the same price"

  Last update: 2010-06-09 13:33    [W:1.159 / U:0.600 seconds]