SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] x86 platform driver updates for 2.6.35-rc3

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> Some fixes for error paths, some config fixes, a minor update to hp-wmi
> that deals with some annoying corner cases like AC adapter events being
> interpreted as brightness down keystrokes and the Intel IPS driver. This
> requires a small addition to the timer API but doesn't modify any
> existing code. Should all be entirely low impact.

[ Very shortly after sending out an email about how most developers
probably don't end up reading much of lkml, and thus having missed all
the other threads on this subject ]

Everybody repeat after me: "After -rc2 I won't be taking patches or pull
requests that aren't regression fixes or fixes to major bugs (oopses or
security etc)".

See the -rc2 announcement, or any of (by now) roughly ten different
threads on lkml and a couple of other mailing lists as response to pull
requests etc ;^)

And yes, that very much does include new drivers. Especially if they end
up affecting anything else (but in al honesty, I probably wouldn't take it
now even if it was entirely standalone).

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans