    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] x86 platform driver updates for 2.6.35-rc3

    On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Matthew Garrett wrote:
    > Some fixes for error paths, some config fixes, a minor update to hp-wmi
    > that deals with some annoying corner cases like AC adapter events being
    > interpreted as brightness down keystrokes and the Intel IPS driver. This
    > requires a small addition to the timer API but doesn't modify any
    > existing code. Should all be entirely low impact.

    [ Very shortly after sending out an email about how most developers
    probably don't end up reading much of lkml, and thus having missed all
    the other threads on this subject ]

    Everybody repeat after me: "After -rc2 I won't be taking patches or pull
    requests that aren't regression fixes or fixes to major bugs (oopses or
    security etc)".

    See the -rc2 announcement, or any of (by now) roughly ten different
    threads on lkml and a couple of other mailing lists as response to pull
    requests etc ;^)

    And yes, that very much does include new drivers. Especially if they end
    up affecting anything else (but in al honesty, I probably wouldn't take it
    now even if it was entirely standalone).

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-06-09 03:13    [W:0.019 / U:0.660 seconds]